Department of Functional and Laboratory Diagnostics
Responsible for implementation –Ass. Prof. S. Dzyha, Ass. Prof. O. Bakalets
The purpose of studying the discipline is: to learn the principles and skills of the ECG analysis in acute and urgent conditions in cardiology.
As a result of studying the course the student must acquire the following competencies:
– to understand the modern diagnostic possibilities of electrocardiography in cardiology practice;
– to be able to record of electrocardiogram independently;
– to interpret the results of ECG-examination;
– to analyze the main causes and mechanisms of development of ECG-changes in acute and urgent conditions in cardiology (acute coronary syndrome, paroxysmal disorders of rhythm and conduction, pulmonary embolism, etc.);
– to know the main electrocardiographic criteria of acute myocardial infarction, life-threatening disorder of heart rhythm and conduction (atrial fibrillation and flutter, ventricular arrhythmias, blockages, asystole, etc.), hypertrophy of the chambers.