TSMU scientists took part in the 18th World Congress on Gynecological Endocrinology
18th World Congress on Gynecological Endocrinology took place in Firenze Fiera Exhibition Center in Florence, Italy on March 7-10, 2018. This major scientific event has brought together prominent researchers and young scientists. Scholars and practitioners from more than 50 countries around the world presented their research. Ukrainian delegation included more than 30 scientists and doctors, three of whom gave talks.
Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Stefan Khmil, together with assistant professor of the same department Mariia Khmil, participated in the congress. Dr. Mariia Khmil gave a talk Benefits of the use of Myo-inositol (FT 500Plus ) in women with a polycystic ovary syndrome undergoing in vitro fertilization in antagonist protocols with an agonist trigger to prevent OHSS. The congress was also an opportunity to discuss topical issues with other researchers including the president of the International Association of gynecological endocrinology, head of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Pisa Genazzani Andrea, as well as the colleagues from Denmark, Belgium, Germany, Italy, France and other countries.
Congress participants learned about the new advances in obstetrics and gynecology, gynecological endocrinology, reproductive medicine, gynecologic oncology, and surgery. The speakers at the Congress emphasised the importance of a healthy lifestyle and its effect on women’s somatic and reproductive health.
The following sections worked during the Congress:
- Gynecological endocrinology and the future of women’s health.
- Assistive reproductive technologies: new advancements and opportunities.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and the use of assisted reproductive technologies: predictors and basic approaches to treatment.
- Metabolic disorders and their effects on women’s reproductive health.
- Fertility Preservation: Opportunities and Strategies.
- Team work of surgeons and gynecologists-endocrinologists in the reproductive health of women.
- Gynecologic oncology: new trends in the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian and breast cancer.
- Endometriosis: Etiology and pathogenesis.
- Menstrual cycle disorders in women of different age groups.
- Current aspects of contraception.
- Intracrinology as a new direction in medicine.
- The role of exogenous sex hormones during pregnancy.
- Management of hormonal substitution therapy.
- Alternative treatments for patients with benign tumors and hyperplastic processes of the uterus in women of reproductive age.
- Cardiovascular disease in women during menopause.