Department of Primary Health Care and General Practice of Family Medicine
Responsible for implementation – Assoc. Korуlchuk N.
Dietetics is a multifaceted science that includes different directions: rational nutrition, preventive and dietary nutrition, nutrition.
Studying such a discipline will systematize and improve knowledge and skills:
– the principles of dietetics and nutritiology;
– using nutrition surveys and questionnaires;
– on the basics of nutrition and typology of eating behavior;
– from hygienic basics of rational nutrition, concepts of modern nutrition hygiene and dietetics, principles and stages of construction of rational nutrition;
– on the requirements for rational nutrition, taking into account age, gender, social aspects, peculiarities of work activity and mode of physical activity;
– to determine and take into account the peculiarities of the use of different in composition products, taking into account macro and micronutrients for rational nutrition;
– using biologically active additives;
– in dietetics in sports;
– Reproductive Dietetics;
– from dietary traditions in the world, etc.
The lessons will cover a number of questions:
-The composition of the human body and its biological parameters. Adiposity and body weight estimation methods. Bioimpedance analysis of human body composition.
– The basics and principles of proper balanced nutrition. Digestive system and work of the gastrointestinal tract.
– Quantitative and qualitative composition of food. The food pyramid. Nutritional Value of Foods: Protein Fat Carbohydrates.
– The role of vitamins and trace elements for the protection of the body. How Many Vitamins Do We Need? The role of fat in the emergence of excess weight.
– Glycemic index and glycemic load. Sugar substitutes. Benefit and harm.
– Nutrition for pregnant women, women in childbirth and breastfeeding women. Eating old people.
– Medical nutrition for various diseases. Principles of medical nutrition and characterization of basic medical diets.
– Mono diets and fasting days. Separate food. Writing effective weight loss programs and cooking recipes. How to choose the right products and prepare them.
– Nutrition counseling. First meeting, work on a weight loss program. Typical personality with eating disorders at the doctor's appointment. Motivation. Discipline. Healthy eating habits.
– Eating norms. The influence of the environment on the formation of eating habits.
– A modern look at diets, causes of obesity. The beliefs of society and research that is not customary to talk about in nutrition.
– Body image. His connection to eating disorders. Emotional nutrition as the main cause of overweight. Compulsive and external nutrition. Orthorexia. Night food syndrome. Relationship of eating disorders and psychosomatic disorders.
– Sports nutrition. Classification of additives and their use in weight loss and weight gain.
– Anorexia. Bulimia. What they have in common, how they different. Deficiency of body weight. Causes and correct weight gain.
Taken together, this knowledge will enable our students to graduate from high-level university and become competitive in the job market.